afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Android development. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Android IT Developer to join their team !
As a skilled Android Developer, you will join fantastic teams of Software development specialists and work in an Agile squad where you’ll be responsible of
- Translating requirements into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Is this you ?
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines, DDD and best practices o You write readable code and do refactoring where necessary.
- Proven knowledge of Kotlin
- You are familiar with test driven development (TDD) and you have practical experience with it
- Proven knowledge in Android app development (different version of Android SDK and the libraries available for common tasks
- Knowledge of SVN/Git (Gitlab or alternative), Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Confluence, JIRA
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services and 3rd-party libraries or API’s
- Knowledge of Docker, Container and Groovy
- Specific requirement for agile: practical experience with Scrum
Practical experience in a team of many developers
- Agile Mindset – You embrace the SCRUM values (Focus, Commitment, Openness, Respect and Courage).
- You know what Pair Programming means, and you are prepared to apply it actively
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirement.
- You actively share your knowledge with your team
- You dare to challenge the requirements you receive based on your expertise
- Continuous learning: you contribute to the constant improvement of the functioning of the team
- Sound knowledge of English as well as (at least) one local language
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/