afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in SQL Server. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled SQL Server BI Architect to join their team.
Objectives of the job :
- Provide architecture, design & support on new or existing SQL Server solutions :
- Application/operational relational databases based on SQL Server 2014 and higher including SSIS/SSAS Tabular
- BI solutions (analysis/reporting/dashboarding) based on SQL Server 2014 & 2017/2019 including SSIS/SSA/Power BI/DAX
- Dashboard, KPI, metrics
- Support on used requirements gathering & analysis, functional analysis of specific requirements when related to BI or reporting
- Support & build Dashboard/KPI/Metrics
- Provide Microsoft database & BI technology expertise (SQL Server, MS Office, etc.) accrois IT
- Provide guidance on SQL Server development (best practices, architecture guidelines, etc.)
- Support & coaching to SQL Server developer
- Developments (no 100% full architecture/design only)
- Help on vision for future within the team responsibilities
Is this you ?
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French
- Good knowledge of English
Business experience required:
- Experience as ETL developer on SQL Server platform
- Experience as a SQL Server database developer (tables, views, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries, stored procedures)
- Experience as BI developer on SQL Server based technologies
- Experience in Non Functional Requirements (performance, locks, process/query optimization & robustness)
- Experience in functional & technical architecture & design of new SQL Server solutions (tables, ETL, Reportings PBRS/Power BI)
Technical experience required:
- Extensive knowledge and hands on in SQL Server 2014 and 2017 (/2019) (tables, views, trigeers, unions, joins, complex queries, T-SQL & stored procedure programming)
- Extensive knowledge and hands on in ETL (SSIS)
- Fluency with appropriate tools including SQL Management Studio, Profiler, Performance Monitor and other SQL Server management tools or related tooling as the MS Office suite
- General knowledge on SQL Server working
- Extensive knowledge and hands on Performance tuning & index management
- Experience in solving performance related problems specifically on database applications
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in reporting with PBRS & Power BI
- Extensive knowledge of BI Reporting : OLAP SSAS tabular design implementation & overall framework
- Large and complex queries : build & troubleshoot
- Knowledge of popular technologies & frameworks built around SQL Server
- Being aware of best practices, trends & evolutions of the IT industry and most particularly Microsoft SQL Server technologies stacks
- Cloud features (Azure) data factory, synapse, data bricks, …
- VSTS Azure DevOps (source control)
Functional experience required:
- Database modelling via modelling tools such as Erwin or Visio
- Architecture, functional & technical analysis on database, ETL & BI solutions
- Understanding of Best Practices for SQL Server Database, datawarehousing, ETL & BI solutions across the Enterprise
- Ability to listen to other’s argumetns & defend his solution
- Ability to help on vision, perspectives, evolutions
- Ability to interact with Business Owners and gather Business Requirements
- Agile (SCRUM) knowledge
- Ability to translate Business Requirements into functional & technical requirements
- Ability to estimate/detail workload (costs)
- Must be a self-starter, work well independently, and in collaborative team environment
- Solution driven/Pragmatic
- Strong problem solving skills
- Pro-active and flexible
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Coacking & training skills, support the team in their difficulties
- Listen to all team members & their proposals, challenge them
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afarax.be/jobs/type/freelance/