afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in data management, data architecture and data functional analysis. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Data Architect & Functional Analyst to join their team.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a Data Architect:
Very good knowledge, and concrete experience in the development of data models used in operational or analytical frameworks:
- Conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Data models used more specifically in "data warehouses"
Very good knowledge, and concrete experience in the "end-to-end" development of solution architecture around data:
- “Data warehouse” architecture
- Architecture of “Master Data Management” and quality management solutions
- Data integration
- General principles used in solution architecture (web services, etc.)
Good knowledge, and concrete experience in the development of technical solutions and using the following products:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Analytical and reporting products such as SSAS, SAS Viya, SSRS, Spark
- BI products such as PowerBI, SAS Visual Analytics
- ETL products such as SSIS
- Ability to develop solutions respecting performance constraints, and supporting large volumes of data
- General knowledge of technologies used in applications that use data (Rest/Soap services, Web application, framework.Net, AD,…)
As a Data Functional Analyst:
- Interviews end business users to understand business processes and collect their data related requirements.
- Translate business needs into data model and technical requirements with appropriate documentation.
- Collaborate with Business Subject Matter Experts to identify, assess and understand detailed internal and external data sources
- Define and update the Conceptual Information Model as well as the logical models of the domain data warehouses and data marts. Map source system to target data model.
- Validates that data warehouse meets requirements and service-level agreements
- Coordinates prototype reviews and demo’s
- Participate in the definition and documentation of the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality.
- Collaborate with various business and technical stakeholders whose support is needed to build or deploy data warehouses, data marts and/or dashboards
- Works with the Project Leader (PL) along the entire project lifecycle to ensure appropriate delivery in an agile and pragmatic approach. Sometimes play the PL role for smaller projects or change requests
Is this you ?
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in data management, data architecture and data functional analysis
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Strong Data modelling experience (conceptual, logical and physical modelling)Previous experience building data warehouses and data platforms
- Understanding of source and target data structures, ETL processes, and products
- Metadata skills
- Master data Management experience
- Data quality Management experience is a plus
- Prior experience building data warehouses is a plus
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Strong conceptual, communications, and technical skills
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Strong problem-solving, pragmatic approach and delivery focus
- Ability to develop relationship with the Business and data stakeholders, develop trust and buy-in with active listening and assertiveness
- Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization
- Perseverance, stress resistant and flexibility
- Like to learn and open-minded
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afarax.be/jobs/type/freelance/