afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Data. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for an Analytics Demand Manager whose core objectives will be to :
The goal is to support the team that is responsible for the demand of analytics use cases towards the data lake. The person is responsible to design and implement a structured intake process for new demand, ensuring there is good understanding of the request, the benefits, the priority, and a highlevel impact analysis so that it can be added to the proper teams’ product backlog. The process should also capture data governance and security aspects (like master source information, data ownership, data classification, retention, etc).
After having designed a process, the person would need to meet with the different demanding parties to structure and complete the current backlog as well as create a view on what’s ahead as input for capacity planning. The purpose of all this is to integrate with the yearly and quarterly planning processes and to integrate it with a transversal priority board for the data lake that is currently being piloted by the Data Programme.
Additionally, you will:
- Bring expertise from previous projects on data management practices
- Work together with the existing team to improve our approach of bringing data under governance, ensuring transversal alignment with other use cases
- On-board internal data experts and ensure handover to internal stakeholders.
- Identify the most appropriate data sources to use for a given purpose and understand their structures and contents, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Actively support the reporting teams in the data exploration and data preparation phases.
- Liaise with IT infrastructure teams to address infrastructure issues and to ensure that the components and software used on the platform are all consistent
Is this you ?
- Analysis and creation of data pipelines, data architecture, ETL/ELT development and with
processing structured and unstructured data
- Have a true agile mindset, capable and willing to take on tasks outside of her/his core
competencies to help the team.
- Knowledge of AGILE development methods such as SCRUM
- Experience in working with customers to identify and clarify requirements
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills.
- Strong interest in the financial industry and related data.
- You have knowledge about Data Governance: you understand the foundational concepts like databases, metadata, business glossary, data dictionary and traceability.
- You are eager to gain further experience in the field of Data Governance.
- You are a fast learner.
- You have Project Management experience.
- You can work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong interpersonal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing).
- You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
- You have a passion for data and its added value for Euroclear and you have the strong desire to transform the Euroclear culture into a data culture.
- You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afarax.be/jobs/type/freelance/