afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in IT Infrastructure Service management, Incident & Problem Management. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Incident Manager to join their IT Incident Management squad.
An Incident Manager monitors all incidents, and in every escalated case the Incident Manager brings together and manages a crisis team of IT specialist.
You will be responsible for :
- End-to-End (E2E) monitoring of an incident, up to and including its resolution, collaborating with all the incident process stakeholders : the technical domains of IT and BP²I (our BNPP Group Infrastructure Service partner), the developers and all the other BNP Paribas Group entities.
- Acceptance and activation of an escalation (in line with pre-set “escalation levels”, based on the incident impact and the urgency of the incident).
- Coordination of escalated incidents, the activation and coordination of a crisis meeting, and the monitoring of the incident-related actions in order to restore service as soon as possible.
- Ensuring communication within the IT organization and to the internal customers with respect to the status of an incident, and according to a communication matrix which is formulated within the incident process.
- Creating and providing reporting regarding escalated incidents in our Service Management Tool Service NOW.
- Creating a PIR (Post-Incident Report) for high-impact incidents: this includes a description of the incident, the impact, the actions undertaken and the lessons that the manager has been able to draw from the incident.
- Creating “Problem Candidates” with the objective of: completing root-cause analysis, a description of possible structural solutions and the implementation of these solutions; thereby potentially avoiding repeat incidents.
- Performing quality analysis of incident solutions in order to formulate action plans for improving incident processes.
Contribute to the creation of weekly/monthly reports of all these incidents as they relate to infrastructure or IT applications, trend analyses and “lessons learned”.
Is this you ?
- Fluent in English
- Professional level in Dutch and French
- Bachelor in IT
- Several years of experience and expertise in IT Infrastructure Service Management, Incident and Problem Management
- ITIL Certification
- You have good technology and multi-platform knowledge that enables you to understand the dependencies involved within a specific IT architecture.
- You are open for and are eager to learn about new technologies.
- You are dynamic, accurate, pro-active, work independently, and you are above all a very good team player.
- You are undoubtedly customer and results-oriented, and you get fulfillment in your job through restoring services while limiting impact to business.
- You have the skills to organize, define priorities, formulate action plans and to follow them through efficiently.
- You can manage a crisis cell, either independently, or working with the Manager on Duty.
- You are very flexible (On duty/On-call periods with potential activation during the night, the weekends and also on national holidays).
- You know how to turn stress into positive energy.
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afarax.be/jobs/type/freelance/