IT Control Assurance Advisor– Freelance
afarax is looking for 2 freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Quality Assurance and Testing. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Assurance Advisor who will perform the following duties :
- Develop and maintain the assurance plan for your domain
- Lead assurance assessments, with possible contribution from assurance analysts, and perform control operating effectiveness testing on complex areas
- Develop remediation recommendations and report assessment results to senior stakeholders
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting on the progress of remediation actions resulting from assessments.
- Perform IT control testing, with an initial focus on SDLC controls, and clear the testing results with control performers and owners
- Draft the conclusions on control effectiveness and recommendations, for review with the Control Assurance Manager
- Prepare reporting to senior management
- Lead maturity improvement initiatives within the Continuous Compliance Assurance Testing team (e.g. control testing automation)
- Contribute to increase the risk culture and awareness in IT and embed the IT control framework in the full IT organization.
Is this you ?
- University degree or equivalent experience (education in computer science or engineering is a plus)
- Process-minded and good knowledge of the key IT frameworks such as COBIT, ITIL…
- First experience in a governance, risk and control position (or in compliance, audit…)
- Certifications such as CISA or CRISC are an asset
- Field experience in IT within a large or complex organisation
- Field experience in project management, software development, or in assurance/audit
- Experience with HP ALM, ServiceNow GRC, PowerBI and Azure DevOps are all pluses
- Critical mind-set and ability to challenge and influence middle management and IT professionals
- Strong risk and control mindset: you seek a culture of excellence
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both in the field, in the team or with management: you are a keen team player and coordinate work among people from different areas or divisions. A good relationship builder with strong diplomacy skills
- You are a highly motivated self-starter and quick learner and you are able to work proactively in an exciting environment with challenging priorities
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills. You know how to break down complex risk situations into manageable pieces and to address logical links and dependencies. You can distinguish essential information and summarise it accordingly. You see how information is linked and you recognise common patterns in elements that seem unrelated at first
- Language: Fluent knowledge of English (verbal, writing, presentation). French and/or Dutch is a plus
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/