afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Storage. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled IT System Engineer to join their team.
Design, install, configuration, upgrade, secure, support, evolution … of the following infrastructure:
- Backup and Archive Hardware/Software: Backup product, DataDomain controllers, Centera
- controllers, Oracle robots and tapes
- Storage Controllers: EMC VMAX2, VNX1, VNX2 (legacy infra) and VMAX3, VNXe (new Infra)
- NAS Controllers: Dell-EMC and Hitachi NAS Compute and Storage areas
- CI (VBlock) Infrastructure: Cisco Compute, Cisco Switches and Dell-EMC Storage components
- HCI (Nutanix) Infrastructure
- Current Compute Legacy Hardware
- All technical software used to manage the above Hardware (Nutanix, ViPR, Vcenter …)
- The VMware Hypervisor layer
- ESX management: upgrade, patching, Security, Disk management (allocation, swap, Pre-provisioning,…)
- Capacity management micro (CPU, Memory, Storage, …) management.
- Production integration and change management.
- Monitors system health and partners with Operational staff to ensure the alerts are being responded to promptly.
- D2D support (incident, CAN, …).
- Provide on-call support during off hours.
- Automation and scripting (design, implementation, integration with orchestration and automation tools).
- Disaster recovery management (RDR, SWP, LDR, Zoning macro, …)
- Offer a HW and hypervisor service to “OS” teams (Windows, Linux, Office, Tandem, Mainframe),
- help in Virtual Machine built, ….
- Interaction with Computer Room and Network teams for implementation and evolution.
- Participate to the migration of organisation to internal and external clouds.
- Documents policies and procedures.
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afarax.be/jobs/type/freelance/