afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in MQ Series. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Middleware Engineer to join their IT middleware tribe.
Responsibilities and main tasks :
- Set up and configure MQ Series components in the cloud
- Connect the cloud to the legacy via MQ Series
- Administration of the existing infra (queues managers)
- Prepare, document, plan, organizes, execute, and validate changes
- Follow-up incidents and participate to root cause analysis
- Analyze possibilities to automates activities, propose solutions and implement it
- Security Management
Is this you ?
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch and good knowledge of English
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience in MQ infrastructure management
- At least 3 years in MQ administration
- Broad knowledge of IBM MQ (up to v9). Platform is running on Mainframe, AIX, Windows, Linux.
- Knowledge of the mainframe
- Cloud (Iaas, Paas)
- Knowledge of MQ server and client setup and management.
- Knowledge and experience of automation and scripting in MQ environments
- Experience with working in a complex organization.
- Team player.
- Making good documentation comes natural
- Quick self-starter with a pro-active attitude.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment.
- Flexibility (in peak periods extra efforts may be required).
- Stress resistant
- Customer minded and can translate technical issues into non-technical explanations
- Always conscious about continuity of services
- Very good team spirit and share knowledge and experience with other members of the team.
- Client-oriented, analytical, initiative oriented and able to work independently.
- Flexible and ready to provide support outside of Business hours (on-call).
- No problem taking responsibility.
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afarax.be/jobs/type/freelance/